The Century Building, originally built in 1907, has been approved as an addition to the National Register of Historic Places.The 12 story property combines a sustainable approach to redevelopment. Green features include:
- Geothermal loop system utilizing four (4) new drilled wells into aquifer
- 2,000 square foot Green Roof
- Low VOC paints and adhesives
- No added urea-formaldehydes in flooring, trims and casework
- Scrap metal recycling
- All Energy Star appliances and lighting
- Commuter center with secure enclosed storage for 49 bicycles.
The facade was historically renovated and the addition of numerous windows increased daylighting. The Century Building achieved a LEED Gold certification (the first in the region).
The 78,000 square foot building now offers 9 floors of half work-force and half market rate residential living, 2 floors of commercial and amenity space, a street-level restaurant and banquet room.