1999 PRESERVATION AWARD CITY OF PITTSBURGH. Historical renovation of the 1910 Wm. G. Johnston Building, a former printing factory and located in the Cultural District of Pittsburgh, into ground floor commercial space and 25 luxury loft apartments. Many of the original historic elements of the building were preserved and refurbished, including the original wood, tin ceiling and exposed brick. Exterior elements that were lost over the years, such as the full-size round-top windows, cornice caps and the pier caps have been reconstructed to restore the building to its original beauty.